Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This solved my scanning problem with the C4180. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear this solution didn't work for you.  It worked for me on Windows Vista (and it might work for Windows 7), but for those on Windows 8 or 10 where Internet Explorer has it's own built-in Flash player and so can't install another one, the only suggestion I can think of is to try to install an older version of Adobe Flash Player.  For me, the HP Solutions Center / HP Digital Imaging Monitor program has a copyright date of 2007, so perhaps installing an older version of Flash player (which hopefully doesn't have a specific install for Internet Explorer) might just do the trick.  Perhaps try using version 9.  Here's a site to download older Flash player installs - http://www.oldversion.com/windows/macromedia-flash-player/

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks, Tig77, for your advise.

After installing an old version of Flash (2007), it took a very long time for Windows to complete the reboot.

Now Solution Center reports:
Solution Center has detected that the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer cannot be used with Internet Explorer. You can download and install a version of the application that is compatible with Internet Explorer at the following address: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
Solution Center cannot be used until you install Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer.

So: many, many thanks for the valuable advice and recommendations. Unfortunately, they do not help in my case.

My urgent question to HP is therefore:
When will there be an update for Solution Center or an alternative for this application that will allow me to continue using OCR recognition and conversion. The free programs are so bad at OCR that I can't do my work with them.

andrew

HP Recommended

that's absolutely awesome, it WORKS !, fantastic, thanks so much. Kind regards, HAP58

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02463264  This link helped me.  I installed HP Scan and Capture, and it works for scanning documents and pictures to your computer.

HP Recommended

@andrew_kangaru wrote:

Thanks, Tig77, for your advise.

After installing an old version of Flash (2007), it took a very long time for Windows to complete the reboot.

Now Solution Center reports:
Solution Center has detected that the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer cannot be used with Internet Explorer. You can download and install a version of the application that is compatible with Internet Explorer at the following address: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
Solution Center cannot be used until you install Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer.

Hi Andrew,

As another possibility, you could try installing version 9 or 10 of Flash.  Version 10 has a version for Internet Explorer, but then again, your system may reject it claiming that Internet Explorer has it's own Flash.

Another idea would be to first use the Abobe Flash Uninstaller, then uninstall the printer software, restart your computer and then reinstall the printer software which should install with it an older version of Flash that comes with it.  Perhaps disable your internet connection while reinstalling though, so that Flash can't check if it is the latest version during installation.

Hope this is helpful.  I know it's a frustrating situation for sure!

Shawn

HP Recommended

Installing old Adobe Flash versions is really not recommended due to a lot of issues - most of them are security issues.

Better to install HP Scan Extended as described here by  

HP Recommended

That's the best way (for me, HP C4180) "Another idea would be to first use the Abobe Flash Uninstaller, then uninstall the printer software, restart your computer and then reinstall the printer software which should install with it an older version of Flash that comes with it. Perhaps disable your internet connection while reinstalling though, so that Flash can't check if it is the latest version during installation."

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Indeed, installing outdated Flash versions can put your operating system on risk and is not recommended.

My urgent question to HP is therefore:
When will there be an update for Solution Center or an alternative for this application that will allow me to continue using OCR recognition and conversion. The free programs are so bad at OCR that I can't do my work with them.

For this question, there will be no update according the support document, the HP Solution Center is a very old program, included for printers manufactured more than 10 years ago:

Spoiler
HP Solution Center is a printer management program for HP printers manufactured before 2010. HP Solution Center does not work when Flash software is not active on your system. Because Flash is no longer supported by the industry, HP Solution Center is also no longer supported.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02463264

I suggest trying the 3rd party NAPS2 application which provide some basic OCR capabilities as well and see if it may meet your needs:

https://www.naps2.com/doc-ocr.html

Else, I suggest checking for any 3rd party OCR software such as IRIS OCR or get a newer printer with a more current software.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@Tig77
In my case, I don't manage to trick IE - even if I uninstall Flash Player, go offline with my laptop and then install HP Solution Center.

I am currently testing the OCR scanning software from "I.R.I.S." (Readiris 17). There is implemented the option to directly generate a docx document, as it was previously possible with Solution Center.

Thanks for all help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.