Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Nygnat that worked for me and I am running Windows 10 

HP Recommended

Worked for me on Windows 10 Thanks

HP Recommended

When the HP Solution center stopped working, I went online and discovered that I should download HP Assistant.  I did that successfully but still can't figure out how to do the tasks I did  with HP Solution Center.  Because my printer is HP that part is working, but my computer is a Dell and it is beyond my abilities to deal with all of the instructions listed in green saying "Problem Solved."    I can't connect the Dell Computer to the HP Assistant. Any help will be appreciated.

HP Recommended

I have been confused and upset to find suddenly that a system (HP Solution Center) that I have used for years didn't work yesterday to try to send a FAX.  Now today as I  found that several people have addressed this, I read various solutions.  The HP Assistant has been downloaded and the HP printer shows up, but I can't get my Dell Computer to "deal" with it. (Apparently the HP Virtual Assistant can't even understand my questions.)   The solutions given by others seem to be workable, but are a bit more complex than I- an octogenarian now -  can follow !   I will try but am astonished that Hewlett-Packard was so disrespectful of their customers as to fail to see that we were properly informed and to remember that not all of us use HP computers in conjunction with our HP printers.  

HP Recommended

Said more effectively than I did!!!  

HP Recommended

This down and dirty method worked for me too on my Dell.   Just don't know how long it will be before that gets wiped out!   Hope HP decides to help us when we don't own a HP computer.  

HP Recommended

Just remember, that for that time of using Flash that Solution Center requires, you DO open yourself up to a vulnerability. In my case, I don't have any other option until if and when HP comes out with a PROPER fix. So changing your date back immediately should help minimize that vulnerability. I just can't make that clear enough. I think that all of us agree that HP should have fixed the software for those of us with older O/S's, rather than just turn away from it and let Microsoft deal with it, or fend for ourselves. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.