Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Multifunction Machine
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since Adobe discontinued Flash Player at the end of 2020, it is reported that programs built around it such as HP Solution Center, will no longer work. Reinstalling the HP software suite DOES NOT solve the problem. When will HP issue a new version of Solution Center that works?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @OpaMike,

I'd like to help!

There is no update on new software as of now.

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

The problem is  still there. HP should send a message to everyone how to solve it

HP Recommended

My printer is an Officejet 6500 Wireless, but the broken software is not unique to a specific product. The HP Solution Center applies to many products.

Asking what specific product I have implies that you are headed down the same dead-end rat hole where customers end up if seeking on-line help. This problem needs attention by HP's Software Quality Assurance manager, and it needs immediate action. An acknowledgement of the problem, apology for the oversight, and assurance that it's being fixed would be a good place to start.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

HP Recommended

I've owned HP Desk top computers, laptops and printers for 20 years. HP isn't going to fix this issue so it looks like the best thing to do is buy a new printer. But Im going to buy a Canon this time.

HP Recommended

Get HP Scan and Capture from the Microsoft Store

HP Recommended

I see I'm not the only unhappy HP printer customer.  Yea, if HP doesn't even care to fix their software, I will get rid of this printer, and go with a Canon printer instead.  No reason to give money to a company that doesn't care about the customer, only about its wallet.

HP Recommended

@DosMan007, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. However, there are no printer drivers available as of yet. 

You may install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Note: If the printer is not found in the list, try Deskjet 990c or Deskjet 6980 to install the printer as these are the generic printer drivers.

You may use HP Scan and Capture app to scan from your computer

If this does not help, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HP Scan and Capture app was a decent workaround, but without some convenient features of the HP Solution Center. But shortly after the software stopped working, my multifunction machine failed mechanically and I had to replace it. The new machine, an Officejet Pro 6978, is fast and includes software that works, so the HP Solution Center issue is no longer a problem for me. However, the new machine will not work with heavy cardstock, so I had to buy a second printer to use with cardstock. I'm putting the matter behind me, still disappointed at HP's handling of the matter.

To have an HP support person suggest that the solution to my problem would be to buy a new printer really set me off - like telling me to move my desk because my mouse was at the edge of my mousepad!

Anyway, I'm good now - thanks for asking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.