Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Tango X

Bought a new Tango X from Amazon UK, and during setup it simply complains there's a 'Cartridge Error'  during setup.  I've done all of the following:

- Removed and reinserted the cartridge, multiple times

- Cleaned the cartridge as advised

- Cleaned the print head as advised

- Ensured there is nothing covering the cartridge contacts

- Reset the printer

- Checked for new firmware

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Humberto8

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty please help  - my new to me Tango can't see the cartridges. I'm trying to get it setup and it stalls out right there. The solution on the community page isn't helping because the details were sent to the person's mailbox. Which by the way, I can't see  - I get a message saying I don't have access.

HP Recommended

@CoffeeLadyM

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Tango Printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its just called Tango. I got it used and even new cartridges didn't solve the problem. 

HP Recommended

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sadly your steps did not work for my used and out of warranty printer. Help desk was not able to assist either. To the local recycling station it goes. Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

I understand. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.