Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pagewide pro 577dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp pagewide pro 577dw that had a paper jam,  Paper was cleared, however, the printer is still detecting a paper jam. After taking out the duplexer and placing it back a couple of times it gave the option of advanced paper jam troubleshooting. I loaded the paper into tray 1, and it passed through the printer without any issues. I have done this several times. However, it still says that there is a paper jam.  I also cleaned out the printer with canned air and I am still having this issue. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, just checking if there is an error code in screen? 

recommended troubleshoot is to turn the printer off and unplug it from the wall outlet, and wait around 5 minutes and then please reconnect it. 

once reconnected, try to load tray 2 and try to print and internal report from the printer menu. 

as well open the left door of the printer and above where the duplex unit is, there are some plastic pieces in the paper path, those are paper sensors and may sure they are clean, same in the door itself. 

As a last option, please perform a factory reset from he printer menu and test again with an internal report. 

if paper is not feeding thru the tray 2, that could be a roller issue or if error comes back just by turning the printer on, it would be better to take the printer into an authorized service provider, here is the link to get the near by office click_here

Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.