Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP smart app
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

please help 

I recently installed a clean windows 10 pro installation and I installed HP smart from the store but when I run it it gives me a white screen then after a long time the app opens and then gives me error that prevents me from signing in and the app is too slow with every thing and every time I try to log in it gives me the same error and uninstalling and installing doesn't solve the problem

mazen3056_0-1606942830261.png

it keeps like that for a very very long time and when it rarely loads after hours letting the window open the app seams to function well but when I try to login it gives me an error with code OW_500_OWSID00001

mazen3056_1-1606943013938.png

when I try to login it keeps loading forever again then gives me this error

mazen3056_2-1606943070876.png

mazen3056_3-1606943081268.pngmazen3056_4-1606943126024.png

please help because I really need the app to be working for my studies and I am not used to the mobile app

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

HP Recommended

I don't know why the screenshots are not loading

HP Recommended

Well this went far. I tried searching this error code as well to no avail. I'm having the same issue on one of my laptops running the latest windows 10 with all updated drivers. The HP smart app claims I'm not connected to the internet, which is fake news because I'm streaming Pandora while trying to figure out why this app thinks I'm not connected to the internet. So HP help desk, Error Code: OW_500_OWSID00001 - what gives and how do we fix this?

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue.  Any answers???

HP Recommended

Same here.

HP Recommended

Same here. I can print, see ink levels, but the HP Smart utility doesn't allow me to log in.

This was first noticed when trying to scan. It takes me to the initial "enter username window" and then if anything is clicked, it says the cloud services are down.

Note that logging in to the hp website and checking my account settings via Firefox works just fine.

EDIT: Very much related to this issue here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/Why-do-I-need-to-sign-into-HP-Web-Services-to-...

EDIT 2: Currently the workaround is to not use HP Smart, but instead use HP Easy Start and install the full driver set.

HP Recommended

And for the past few months my HP Officejet Pro 6978 (about a year and a half old) keeps going through a maintenance phase, and paper keeps jamming. I clear the paper and make sure there's nothing stuck in the feeder and it will tell me there's a jam again even though there's nothing in there. Power cycle the unit and it goes back to square one - maintenance that leads to a paper jam. Not a good look HP. Not a good look at all. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.