Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet GT5821
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

what is the default password for EWS http://192.168.223.1/

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @bharat108,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're in need of support.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Are you having issues with your printer? 

You could try username default as admin and password as admin. If it does not work, you could reset the password: 

Open the EWS and reset the password

1. Open a web browser and type the printer IP address in the address field exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page, and then press Enter.

2. Click the Security tab, and under General Security, set the local administrator password.

1. Keep the username default as admin.

2. Type the New Password and Verify Password.

3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click Apply.

Use these credentials the next time you Log In to the EWS.

Keep me posted,

Have a great day

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Can you pls mark where will it be in my case, 

EWS-web.jpg

HP Recommended

i had tried username: admin password : admin but of no use

EWS-username-password.jpg.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @bharat108,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Let's perform these given steps: 

Restore network settings to default settings

● Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

Once completed, please try connecting your printer to Wi-Fi network, following steps from the link.

Let me know how this goes!

Have a great day 🙂

HP Recommended

i has alreay  this , 
also i cannot connect mt Printer to wifi this connectivity issue occurs when i try to connect to it 

HP-Networksetup-Failed-MASK.jpg 

WiFidirect is only the one way i can connect to it in wireless mode

HP Recommended

Hi @bharat108,

Thanks for trying possible steps. I suggest you contact our phone support.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended
Dear
your phone helpin service people and their support team failed to resolve the issue. They gave me 5009541807 support id alongwith to email the details I emailed the details but no response.
It seems you and you team are not aware of this product
You need to be trained before launching the product.
HP Recommended
I took the printer to your walkin service centre the are also clueless it's first time in their history thy have faced this problem
They approached your phone helpin service but of no use...... Genius people hired by HP phone helpline they are not even aware wether it's windows password problem or your EWS username password

Your service centre people had done factory reset but printer error remains. Kindly help me to replace the printer else return my money back.
HP Recommended

Hi @bharat108,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.