cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
jvance21
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How do I setup the printer just using a usb cable? ENVY 6455 pro

HP Recommended
ENVY 6455 pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I set up this printer just using a USB cable?  All the software is for wireless but yet there is a port for cable connection.  I have tried to set it up but when I think i've made progress the printer starts printing blank sheets with 1/4 symbol and a smiley face emoji!!!

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,218 30,932 5,331 12,416
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What you describe will occur due to a connectivity issue.

First, try to plug the USB cable to another USB port in the back of your computer, be sure not to use any hubs, extensions, use a standard USB cable for a printer in a standard length (not longer than 1.5-1.8 meters)

If the same persists, try replacing the cable with a new USB 2.0 cable for a printer and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation