Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2132
Microsoft Windows 11

Greetings,

I am currently trying to add my HP DeskJet 2132 to my HP account. I removed the power cord of the printer for a minute, yet it could not be found in HP Smart, but only to print rather than adding it to my account. One thing that I need to note is that I bought this printer back in 2017 at Wal-Mart, so I am not too sure if I am still able to add it. Privately messaging a moderator would be helpful; I tried emailing support, but it seems I need an ongoing subscription for a current product to do so. Whenever I try to add it through the My Device dashboard on the website rather than on an application, it states that that service is temporarily unavailable and to try again later. I am also not too sure if I am typing the incorrect information or that I have to wait in a while.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,

Have a great day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may only add cloud supported (network enabled) printers  to an HP Cloud account, the 2132 printer is a USB only printer and too old to support cloud services.

What feature would you like to achieve? what service are you trying to add the printer to? there are good chances your printer is simply not supported for any such.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may only add cloud supported (network enabled) printers  to an HP Cloud account, the 2132 printer is a USB only printer and too old to support cloud services.

What feature would you like to achieve? what service are you trying to add the printer to? there are good chances your printer is simply not supported for any such.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @Kelanzo 

Maybe the system for Dashboard is down for maintenance, and it could be back online in a few hours...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/dashboard

• ferRX_0-1694946400315.png

Just try again later, to check the system is back online and able to do registration.

* Click YES   to say thank you, 

* Click Accepted Solution when question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedroh.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

FerRX, thank you for your response. I will check it out later.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

ShlomiL, thank you for your response. I just wanted to attach the printer as my own for future reference. I see now, regarding your response, that I cannot do that. My question has been answered and I really appreciate your support.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.