Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9023 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All,

Can anyone put me on the right track to setup the 9023's Windows driver to show a Print Preview prior to actually sending the file to the printer?

Thanks in advance for a helpful reply,

Sincerely,

Eric T.

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

@trattner

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Please install the full feature driver from here for that: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty,

Thanks for the reply, but ...

1. The most recent full feature driver IS installed (along with all the "whistles & bells" that can be added to it)
  2. Personally, I failed to find a Print Preview option under either the Properties or the Preferences tabs & options displayed by the driver's GUI.

So, when i asked how to activate the Print Preview (assuming it is hidden somewhere), my intention was for exact instructions pertaining to which interface to start, which tab to select and on what control to click.

Repeated thanks, but -- regretfully -- I cannot mark this answer as an actual solutions ...

Hope someone out there might come up with a better idea (or, mention that such an option is not available for the HP 9020 series printer drivers ...)

A 3rd party solution might do as well (though not quite what I'd hope for).

Thanks again,

Eric

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer. 

Once done, please download and install the software from here: 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Still, it ends at the point at which a "clean" version of the driver (and its adjacent software) is eventually installed.

It does NOT point to the location for setting the Print Preview option within the driver's GUI.

Could you please elaborate on that? Possibly a screenshot showing the Print Preview option to be selected (checkbox or otherwise)?

Thanks,

Eric

HP Recommended

After this uninstall and reinstall, it should show you the print preview when you print something. Did you try that?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty,

Thanks for the hope-inducing reply.

"Should" doesn't mean it "Would" or it "Does".

Despite my asking several times, in very specific terms, to let me know under which GUI \ Tab \ Control the "Print Preview" option (to be defined as a general default behavior for the driver) is to be found, I still fail from getting a simple answer with this precise specification.

I really would like to have the facts before I modify anything that is currently working.

Incidentally: my PC had never before this printer had any installation of a previous HP printer whatsoever: meaning that the install I performed a few days back, after purchasing this printer, was a CLEAN install ...

As you are a HP employee, I guess you have access to current installs of just about any driver (on test PCs); so providing the info I am asking for shouldn't be an issue.

For whatever that is worth, this printer's very lengthy User Manual does NOT mention the Print Preview option anywhere (while describing just about every other option available for the driver); could it be that the current driver for the HP 9020 series of printers simply doesn't have such an option?

Kindly check and let me know your findings.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Eric

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as they can remotely access your Computer and help you with this.

Link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Then again, ALL your inputs (so far) either require me to perform actions which HOPEFULLY would bring up a solution to my inquiry, or have others take over my PC to do the same.

NONE of them however provide solid proof (prior to taking any action) that the feature I am looking for:

a. is at all available for this product, and

b. that the said action would render it visible and usable.

As I DID ask for prior investigation & "proof of concept" before touching to anything (as -- possibly -- everything might be just right and simply the feature not available), it appears that all your suggestions are actually based on theoretical "wish to be true" assumptions.

Now, were you just a random contributor to this forum, I would surely say a great THANK YOU for your good will and efforts, even if they wouldn't actually lead to a reliable solution.

But this is not the case: your signature bares the "I am an HP employee" statement, and under your name there is a "HP Support Agent" remark.

From a company Support Agent, I really do expect proven replies (especially when asked for as such) and not only "trial & error" suggestions.

So pointing me to a Support Team who would (with my permission, was I to provide it, which I am surely NOT going to) take over my PC only to possibly perform the same actions you suggested in the HOPE (NOT KNOWLEDGE) that they would reach the desired result, is surely not going to get me make this the next step to be taken on this journey.

I am more than willing to act on my PC in order to get the result I am looking for.

But -- as stated several times already -- I need prior proof to bear testimony that the said actions have the potential of bringing around the said result (a screenshot of THIS printer's driver's GUI with a Control for "Print Preview" would be enough).

Thanks again for your continued support,

Eric

HP Recommended

If you press "ctrl" and p, the print preview shall come up.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.