Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear Betty,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ctrl+P however is Windows' HotKey for printing the current Window's content.

Its content is highly dependent on the app to which the relevant Window belongs.

It is NOT the equivalent of a printer's driver Print Preview option, which is agnostic to the app from which the intended output was created and which -- in most cases -- also offers the opportunity to make adjustments to the preview prior to actually sending it to the printer (e.g.: delete pages, prevent the printing altogether, modify the number of copies, duplexing, and many more).

Have a great day,

Eric

HP Recommended

Print Preview is a function of the software / application you are using to set / view / submit the job to the printer.

For example,

• Browser Printing provides a Print Preview in Printing Settings / More Settings
  • HP Smart (Windows) supports printing for PDF and Photos / images - Print Preview is provided for the selected content
  • Word - after the Full Feature Software is installed - provides its own Print Preview (Word > File > Print)

Hope this helps

Keep me posted

HP Recommended

Dear Jay,

Thanks for the clarification.

Having said this, you just stressed my previous statement regarding the Ctrl+P shortcut.

What I am looking for is the driver's Print Preview option (as found in many drivers ...) which shows the image that is just about to go to the printer after having left the content originating application (when all that remains is just the driver, the screen & the printer).

Maybe the image below, showing such a setting for a Canon printer, may better explain what I am actually trying to find in my HP 9023 Printer's driver.

Preview before Printing Setting on Canon PrinterPreview before Printing Setting on Canon Printer

Hopefully this image may end the "saga" with a clear answer: is the option available or not? And if YES, where is it "hidden"?

All the best,

Eric

HP Recommended

Yes, it is available. I hope you have the full feature software downloaded for that.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty,

Thanks for the reassuring reply.

Indeed, I do have the full feature software downloaded & installed, but I still don't find the Preview setting.

By all means (a picture is worth a 1000 words ...) send a screenshot (just as I did) of the relevant GUI, showing the Preview request feature, so I'll know what & where to look for.

Thanks,

Eric

HP Recommended

We don't have that. Hence I did request you to contact the Phone Support Team so that they can show it to you.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This takes me to HP Smart. I have tried HP Smart. That doesn't help. I need the specific driver download.

BTW thank you for all your support. I appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@letucke1

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Which Printer do you have?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will.

HP Recommended

What would the Phone Support Team's phone number be?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.