Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@fredfrog2019 

@fredfrog2019 wrote:

I want to add this, which I learned when I want to print only the document. (I had already printed just the envelope.)

My document includes both the envelope and the letter. (This is done by clicking "Change document" in Mailings and envelopes.) That shows up as 2 separate pages in the WORD document.

To print just the letter, select the first page of the letter, then choose "Current page" in the print dialog. Selecting "page 2" in the dialog doesn't work. I consider this a flaw in WORD's implementation of the Mailings and envelopes, not a flaw in the printer operation/documentation.

The Mail Merge document structure is certainly different from a regular document.

A mail merge document can include

• The envelope section that requires its own set of print settings (paper size / type).  After the Envelope is created, Click Add to Document or Change Document to add the envelope to the Mail Merge document set.

and

• The "Letter" section that contains the "Letter" / document / message content - the "letter" document section is comprised of one or more pages that include the message content.  The structure is created in section "Layout", other sections are created using (for example -- Fonts, Paragraphs, Styles, and Inserted tables / images).

How to document

Printing Portions of Mail Merged Documents

Example setup - Print Mail Merge Document using document "Sections"

Print a "mail merged" document section - Print Page 1of the letter / document

Click File > Print

Select / Click somewhere on the page preview where you want to start printing.

This creates your Starting Point for the print job.

Clicking / Selecting the starting point updates the paper size, orientation, margins, and other document settings are selected for the page sections to be printed (main print menu under "Settings")

"Pages" to be printed

In the case of a one page letter or to print just the first page of the letter portion of the document,

Pages = p1s2

Example – Print Job Setup – Print first page of “document” section

Mail_Merge_1JMail_Merge_1J

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.