Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet f380
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Paulos1_0-1610434953219.png

Since 12/1, apparently adobe stopped allowing flash content to be seen with adobe player. When i open the funciton center app, i get what is shown in the image. How can i use my printer's capabilites , like scaning and saving the files in the computer, with this app being unusable.

If the image is not visible here is a link https://prntscr.com/wljps7

Edit: I found in the files the scan app, but it is only for images, if someone could tell me how to access the one for files, like PDF, can work too

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paulos1 wrote:

That is the app I was reffering to in my original post as the one that i found, but i saw that i can only scan files and save them as pictures. As  for the reply with the guide, because flash is integrated in IE and Microsoft Edge, I am nto able to downgrade to previous version, as it is giving me an error that It has the latest version built-in.

Hi Paulos1,

If you're running on Windows 10, user @Jim412 has a solution that's been confirmed to work - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Solution-Center-Not-Working-probably...

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have the exactly same issue as of today on multiple devices, does HP or anyone have a fix for this please?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I Have the same issue today and it worked perfectly this WE.

I've found the app 'SCANNER' integrated in Windows but it is not as efficient as Solution Center (1 page / scan is saved),

however it saved my day.

=> press the Windows logo button and start typing SCAN, the app will be suggested...

Just bought new ink, just for that I'd like to keep my printer ...

Hope it helps!

HP Recommended

Screenshot_1.png

I believe that you are reffering to the "Windows Scan" app, which can be found in the microsoft store, as nothing would come up before i downloaded it, the problem is that if i try to do a PDF file, it doe snot let me put multiple pages in one file, which is making it pretty useless for my cause. Also it does nto let me change the name before it gets saved so it just creates a mess, so it is not what I am really looking for. If it wasn't that, I also tried "Windows fax and scan", but only allowed me to save images, so not that either.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

If you're trying to open the original HP scan software application that is part of Solution Centre, you can open the application hpiscnapp.exe in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ as a workaround.

HP Recommended

That is the app I was reffering to in my original post as the one that i found, but i saw that i can only scan files and save them as pictures. As  for the reply with the guide, because flash is integrated in IE and Microsoft Edge, I am nto able to downgrade to previous version, as it is giving me an error that It has the latest version built-in.

HP Recommended

@Paulos1 wrote:

Hi Paulos1,

If you're running on Windows 10, user @Jim412 has a solution that's been confirmed to work - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Solution-Center-Not-Working-probably...

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

HP Recommended

I tried to follow his guide, but i can not get past the part where i have to delete the folders, it said that i needed permission from TrustedInstaller, tried to change the permission to the name of my computer, but then when i tried a gain it said again that i need permission to do it, even though i changed the ownership of the folder to my account

Edit: Nevermind, i watched the video again and run the app inside the folder

HP Recommended

Sorry for jumping in at a late post. i just had recently ran into this issue myself on my Deskjet F380. Had the same notification pop up as I opened the cartridge tray to put cartridges in. Google image search led me here. I ended up deleting/uninstalling the flash player as specified. I please need to know now if my printer is just a big paper weight?  I please need help to see if I have to go printer shopping now. If I have to get a new one, I would prefer the same kind as in a 3 in 1.  My system is old... running Windows Vista Home Edition. Thank you very much for any help. 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.