Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The app used to have a compression button that would help keep the file size down. They removed it a while back and I can not find a workaround anywhere it's like no one even noticed but I do with my scan output. I work as a notary and deal with scans more than most people. My companies can send me 100+ page files at 3 megabytes, I scan the same file pages back and at 150dpi the files are 30 MB, huge in comparison. How can I get the file size down without that button now? Lowering the DPI to 75 makes the papers look bad.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Immortalknight 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

If your Laser Printer will support it, consider HP Scan and Capture

HP Scan and Capture

Microsoft Store (formally Windows Store) - Requires Windows 8 or higher

Download-Save-Install   HP Scan and Capture

Click Start (windows key) > Open the All Apps List > scroll the list 

Open Category HP

Find and open the HP Scan and Capture application

Optional

Right-Click on the application and PIN to Start

What else?

Application controls / options

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Scroll / Search for HP Scan and Capture

Left-click on the App for options associated with this app.

If available, Click Advanced for additional controls.

Scan_and_Capture_Document-Photo_Settings_1Scan_and_Capture_Document-Photo_Settings_1

What else?

The primary Full Solution Software > HP Scan might support 100 DPI - higher than the lowly 75 and lower than the 150 DPI.

Open HP Scan > Select Document scan > More > Image > Change the resolution

What else?

Scan in Black / White or Gray option

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.