Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have HP neverstop laser mfo 1202w-i'm changing toner for the first time (which is odd since i've had this new printer for over a year). Anyway, I can't open the scanner lid all the way in order to insert the replacement toner.  There are no stickers on it.  It looks that there is an arm holding it back, preventing it to open entirely. 

please see attached pix

11616EC2-3477-405D-88BB-CA0DF2C4D4FD.jpegE000E5DE-235B-440D-A6B4-F1C0DED43813.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Most do not lift too far to prevent damage to cables. You should lift up the light gray top now and remove the cartridge. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. my end goal is to use 143A toner reload kit that came with the printer. However, when reading instructions you have to lift the scanner lid all the way in order to insert the kit into the reload port.  Pix 1 above shows me lifting the scanner lid ---which won't go any further than the pix, so i'm unable to insert the toner. not enough room ???  what am i missing?

HP Recommended

OMG!  Figured it out.  id10T error.  SMH

HP Recommended

I see what you mean, the instructions I found online appear to show the print only versions not the MFPs. This third party video shows it pretty good, looks like you need to use a little more force to open the scanner all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bam8vx_dqcY

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.