cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Human_76
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

I bought a Deskjet Plus 4130, but it is actually a Deskjet Plus 4100.

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Plus 4130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a HP Deskjet plus 4130. It says Deskjet Plus 4130 on the box and on the outside of the printer. However, when you open the ink cartridge slot, it says 4100 instead of 4130. When I installed the HP Smart App as well, it recognises the printer as a Deskjet Plus 4100, not a Deskjet Plus 4130, what I thought I had bought. What should I do? Are the two printers, 4100 and 4130, the same or at least similar? Should I return the printer and complain? Thanks for the assistance.

1 REPLY 1
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,203 5,187 608 844
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are fine, the Deskjet plus 4100 is a series that covers more than one device. So the 4130 is a model within 4100 series.

Depending on the market region and the colour of the printer the numbers change.

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation