cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
DosMan007
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I'm confused about HP and what it is they are offering.

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4680
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Adobe recently killed Flash, and decided it was EOL.  In effect if you even try to install Adobe Flash on Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10, you get the same, initialize error and it won't install.  When I got my printer, HP Photosmart C4680, it came with the CD, for drivers and software.  So it's what HP offered at that time.  (unsure how long I've had the printer for)

You could install the HP Solution Center, which was basically the main software program for that printer.  Get this... the software HP Solution Center, relies on Adobe Flash to operate lmao.  It gets even better... and this is what I read on an official HP web page "....so since Adobe is no longer supporting Flash player, we are also no longer supporting Solution Center."

So wait a minute.  Am I right in that HP can't be bothered to figure out how to make Solution Center run without flash??  HP just throws their hands up in the air and gives up??  And here's the other problem I'm having... since HP won't fix their software for their customers, are they offering any software as a replacement to Solution Center??

So where does that leave us HP printer customers?  HP I am asking you, is there a replacement for Solution Center or not??

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,572 31,283 5,393 12,594
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Solution Center was discontinued in 2010, over more than 10 years ago, and no longer developed for newer products since, you shouldn't expect updates for life for products from more than 10 years ago, technologies changes.

You do provided with alternative for some features, but not for all features provided by the full feature software for your printer

Spoiler
Because Flash is no longer supported by the industry, HP Solution Center is also no longer supported.

You can continue to use your printer to print and scan using one of the following workarounds:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02463264

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Solution-Center-not-working-Adobe-Flash-Pla...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
DosMan007
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So then HP would rather US puny users to use a workaround, rather than HP actually doing some real work, and coming up with a solution.  Bye bye HP, looks like I'll be switching to Canon.

This is the crap I am so darn sick of.  Buy our stuff, buy our stuff.... *becomes longtime, faithful customer for 25+ years, company shafts longtime, faithful customer, customer finds better alternative company, first company *oh but look, our new stuff shiny! 😄  Come back, we miss you.  Yea, well guess what??  I won't miss you one bit HP.  Not one, single bit.

And it doesn't matter that HP discontinued HP Solution Center as people who own HP printers USED HP Solution Center whenever they would print, or scan.  I know I did.  HP is the company selling a product.  Unfortunately the software to that product is now broken making it completely useless.

HP's lack of action on simply fixing their software shows to me how much they actually care about their customers.  Guess they ain't too worried about losing them then.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation