Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-24-2021 12:34 PM
I need to line up my HP Officejet Pro 8710 with the preprinted CMS_1500 medical forms. How do I align the printer for a preprinted form?
09-24-2021 04:03 PM
I looked up the form.
Yes, these are pre-printed 8.5x11 inch forms.
Essentially, though I have no idea of what you are trying to do,
the following might be relevant:
What to do with the form?
If the form is completed by the customer and has been received (by you) in that completed format,
Scan the content into the computer and save the file as a PDF file.
OCR? See the section about OCR later in this message...
If the form was programmed with input spaces for content and was then completed online by the customer ,
After having been received the completed form from the customer, the form can be printed by the owner of the document.
Doing so, of course, assumes "you" have rights to the PDF file content including any necessary security / passwords (should the PDF document be protected against printing by "just anyone").
Simply printing the file as a PDF should work.
The printer alignment should take care of itself - nothing in the printer software controls the placement of pre-printed content.
Set the paper type so something that the printer expects for that paper
What about "thick paper"? If, for example, form is thicker paper, set the paper type to thick, brochure, card, or similar.
Set the paper Size to "letter" or 8.5x11 inches (if that is, indeed, the size of the form).
IF the context of your question is regarding OCR, that is, if you want to translate what you are scanning into a Readable format...
The Full Feature Software includes OCR capability.
- Image editor included
- Integrated OCR software automatically converts scanned text to editable text
- Scan speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- Twain-compliant interface (Windows only)
- Resolution: 1200 x 1200 dots per inch (dpi) optical
- Color: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale (256 levels of gray)
- Maximum scan size from glass (all models): 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14.0 inches)
- Maximum scan size from ADF (all models): 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14.0 inches)
The full driver provides the foundation on which other programs and printing software depend.
If you have not done so,
Inaddition to the HP Smart application,
Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software for the printer.
HP Smart and other print software / applications benefit from having the full driver installed.
If the full driver printer software is installed, you will see the printer listed inControl Panel > icon view > Programs and Features.
The installation of the printer software adds two shortcut icons to theDesktop.
ThePrinter Assistant is named for the printer and provides access to Print , Scan , and Tools
HP Scanis named for itself and provides a direct call to the HP Scan software.
NOTE: If the printer software
Uninstallthe printer software from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
Restartthe computer and log in
Reminder: If using USB, disconnect the USB printer cable between the printer and the computer before installing software. (Re)Connect the USB cable when instructed to do so near the end of the installation procedure.
Installa fresh copy of the Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software
Restartthe computer and log in
Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.
- Home Page - HP Easy Start
- Open Category Software and Drivers
- Topic: Software-Utility
- Download-and-Save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software
- If using USB: Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
- Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
- When asked, Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
- If using USB: Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.
Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey
- Full Administrator Rights are required to complete the HP Software installation.
- About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).
- You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.
- If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription. Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.
- Full driver includes print and scan functions supported by your printer and provides the printer features on which other applications / software might depend.
Use HP Scan to Scan the document in OCR format.
"Save as Editable Text (OCR)"
Example - HP Scan - Main Menu
References / Resources
If you have not done so,
HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
NOTE: Adobe Reader DC software can be installed even if you do not normally open / view / print PDF files directly from the Adobe Reader DC software.
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.