Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp color laserjet 3600n
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I just upgraded from MacOS to Sierra and now find there is no way to print! I deleted the old driver before I learned there is not one to replace it. Obviously, I need to print from my 3600 as that is my only printer. The 3600 has been a workhorse of a printer and I just recently replaced two expensive toner cartridges. Is there another (generic) driver that might work? Is HP planning to help the Mac community out with new drivers? It appears the latest operating system driver for Mac is 10.6 and we are at 10.12.4 now. Can you please help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

http://appletoolbox.com/2016/10/cannot-print-using-macos-sierra/

and please check the following list

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034

My comments:

Firstly I'd like to clarify: I'm not working for any hardware or software vendor. Your printer/scanner had been working perfectly for few years or even decades and now it won't do anything or only few things because of a new Operating system.

Microsoft, Apple will never say "Warning: Using this new product, your existing hardware may NOT work at all". They only say their new products will blah blah ....They promise everything then put all the unhappiness, blames to hardware vendors.

I believe developing new products is much cheaper than supporting older products and each product must have a life cycle, it must die loudly or quietly and the Operating systems will kill our hardware quicker. Many people just upgrade for a sake of the "bleeding edge", never know and/or research what the existing investments at home will work or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

http://appletoolbox.com/2016/10/cannot-print-using-macos-sierra/

and please check the following list

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034

My comments:

Firstly I'd like to clarify: I'm not working for any hardware or software vendor. Your printer/scanner had been working perfectly for few years or even decades and now it won't do anything or only few things because of a new Operating system.

Microsoft, Apple will never say "Warning: Using this new product, your existing hardware may NOT work at all". They only say their new products will blah blah ....They promise everything then put all the unhappiness, blames to hardware vendors.

I believe developing new products is much cheaper than supporting older products and each product must have a life cycle, it must die loudly or quietly and the Operating systems will kill our hardware quicker. Many people just upgrade for a sake of the "bleeding edge", never know and/or research what the existing investments at home will work or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install the latest HP Printer Driver 5.0 below:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

It do list the Color LaserJet 3600 as supported...

Once you are done reboot your Mac and go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.

Click the plus sign, select the shown 3600 printer, press Add and try printing.

If you experience any issues, what exact error or behavior do you see and when? (e.g. when trying to add a printer, when trying to print)

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@badams1016 wrote:

I just upgraded from MacOS to Sierra and now find there is no way to print! I deleted the old driver before I learned there is not one to replace it. Obviously, I need to print from my 3600 as that is my only printer. The 3600 has been a workhorse of a printer and I just recently replaced two expensive toner cartridges. Is there another (generic) driver that might work? Is HP planning to help the Mac community out with new drivers? It appears the latest operating system driver for Mac is 10.6 and we are at 10.12.4 now. Can you please help??

I am having the exact problem.  HP help will not give any suggestions because it is 4 months past the 1 year warranty.  Have you solved your problem

HP Recommended

@Sunrise38

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you upgraded to Mac Sierra OS and you are unable to install HP laserjet 3600 printer driver. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Please click here and download the HP Printer driver v5.0 for Mac Sierra OS.

This driver supports your printer model.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks to all for your help. I'm just puzzled as to why there is no listing for this printer on the hp website, which leads one to believe the latest driver is for Mac OS 10.6 -- seen several times. Anyway, I'm back to having full use of my printer and want to thank everyone for their input.

HP Recommended

@badams1016,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.