Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After getting new computer and migrating everything to new desktop printer will not work.

Have uninstalled all.

Ran print& scan doctor, installed software through it., green circle spun, 1, 2, 3 window pops up.., continue.., connect a new printer.., wireless.., nest.., printer shows up and is seen with good wireless network address, next installing network printer status bar keeps going for 10 minutes, next = unsuccessful network installation.., clicked retry.., recognized printer w. correct address.., status bar keeps going.., unsuccessful network installation.

Firewall and virus scan protection was off during attempt at installation.

Thanks for any help I have been fighting this for days now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try installing printer software in windows 7 or window 8 compatibility mode.  Worked for me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update on additional trys: went through and uninstalled anything with HP even in programs, apps, registry, disabled windows firewall, mcafee firewall, tried to install all again, chokes up, much like me except mine are tears 😞

Was able to get the computer to show the 4630 now and able to print from word document.  Printer does not list/recognize the cpu as a scan to computer option in printer panel.  Tried unplugging printer for hours, still no go.

HP Recommended

Try installing printer software in windows 7 or window 8 compatibility mode.  Worked for me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.