Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer tells me "This printer is now registered with HP Instant Ink. " 

It even shows an OK button . . . but . . pressing it does not make the message go away. 

Restarting the printer will not make the message go away.

Forgetting the printer in HP Smart app and adding it again will not make the message go away.

I can operate the printer / scanner from the app, but the touchscreen has become useless like this.

Is there a way to hard reset the printer completely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution is to install the HP doctor Software and perform a COLD RESET. And redo the installation / configuration of the device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue. Any advice gratefully accepted. 

HP Recommended

The solution is to install the HP doctor Software and perform a COLD RESET. And redo the installation / configuration of the device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.