Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5610 All-In-One printer

I want to recycled my non-working  HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One printer.  I followed the directions to reset factory settings but since the printer isn't working properly I don't feel confident that procedure is enough to ensure I am not recycling a printer that has my personal information stored inside. Does the printer store scanned or printed documents?  What hardware should I remove to make sure I am not recycling a printer that has stored data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FlyingHorse1 

The printer has never been aware of what it is printing.

It does not store documents or images.

This printer does provide Fax -

If you used the feature to store fax phone numbers, there could be something in the fax memory.

If the printer is functional enough to check, 

If there is anything in fax memory,

It can be cleared.

User Guide

Page 68

If the printer is not functional enough to check, it is very unlikely anyone will try to resurrect the printer for the purpose of extracting fax phone numbers.  This assumes you are not hiding something sinister in your past "faxing" activities, of course.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FlyingHorse1 

The printer has never been aware of what it is printing.

It does not store documents or images.

This printer does provide Fax -

If you used the feature to store fax phone numbers, there could be something in the fax memory.

If the printer is functional enough to check, 

If there is anything in fax memory,

It can be cleared.

User Guide

Page 68

If the printer is not functional enough to check, it is very unlikely anyone will try to resurrect the printer for the purpose of extracting fax phone numbers.  This assumes you are not hiding something sinister in your past "faxing" activities, of course.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.