Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I opened an office in Khartoum Sudan and bought an HP printer (HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a) I tried several ways to install the printer in my Macbook at the end I saw in preferences, printer, add... a note saying Software for this printer isn't available from Appel. Contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest Software. 

I tried the easy start APP... it did not recognize the printer. 

Is there any other way I can install the printer software on my computer?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Mostazas

Welcome to the HP support community.

This printer does not have a wireless connectivity option.

However, you can connect the printer using a USB cable.

Download and install the HP Smart app to install the printer.

Here is the link to download the HP Smart app:- Click here

(Note:- Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install)

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help but unfortunately I can't fix it yet.

If you see the bottom note... it did not even show me the chance to add the print that I selected. As well... Appel did not provide the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a. 

As well I tried to install by the App "HP Smart" but the app never find the printer to install

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 13.45.13.png

HP Recommended

Photo. JPG. .png

HP Recommended

@Mostazas

I have edited my previous post, here is the correct solution.

This printer does not have a wireless connectivity option.

However, you can connect the printer using a USB cable.

Download and install the HP Smart app to install the printer.

Here is the link to download the HP Smart app:- Click here

(Note:- Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install)

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.