Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just bought a color laser jet printer MFP M283fdw on initial power up the screen comes up in French and I can find no way to change it to english

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Chale1 ,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing printer display language issue. Please follow the below instructions.

1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by following this weblink.
2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer.
For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.12, type the following address into a Web browser: http://192.168.0.12.
If the webpage remains blank, try a different Internet browser.
3. In the EWS, click the Settings tab.
4. Click Preferences, and then click International.
5. Under Control Panel Language, select the desired control panel language.
6. Click Apply, wait until the changes are confirmed, and then close the EWS.
7. Turn your printer off and then on.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.