Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Have the last software updates and still getting "filter filed" error!!! This is frustrating!

HP Recommended

@iandrik, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer do you use?

Which application are you printing from?

Which version of macOS are you using?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

LaserJet CP 1025 nw, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, does not print from word or PDF or any other program.

HP Recommended

@iandrik

Thank you for the response.

Have you tried the steps mentioned in my previous post? 

What was the result?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything and nothing worked, then i change the USB cable... an it works!!!!! We learn something new every day...

HP Recommended

@iandrik

Glad to know you figured it out and the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also getting this error message. This is the information on my system.

My printer is an HP OfficeJet 8710.

I am running Mojave 10.14.6. This version was updated just last week.

I am using a 2017 MacBook Pro

This happens both when I connect wirelessly to the printer and when I connect via printer USB cable.

I have already followed the procedure for resetting the printer system, including deleting then re-adding the printer information.

The specific error message is Stopped - 'Filter' failed, 1 page.

It is particularly irritating that the word filter is in quotation marks, let alone single quotation marks.

Your community solution did not work. Please forward another solution.

HP Recommended

Filter Failed Error AGAIN after following these steps

HP Recommended

The uninstall option is grayed out.  You really need to get your products working with the best selling laptops in the world

HP Recommended

"We were not able to automatically locate any software options for this product"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.