Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook HP14
Chrome OS

Unless there is a way to get the HP Chromebook CAMERA to stop freezing, (as the RESET and RESTART were insufficient to resolve frozen camera), I'm trying to use an external HP Webcam 3100. 

It is frozen in both Google Meet as well as Zoom.  

Chromebook does not detect.  I assume because Webcam was produced in Windows time span, predating Chrome OS. 

Is there anyway to get a driver to be compatible?

MUST I POWERWASH the Chromebook to correct the frozen camera? 

Suggestions appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Beach12

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To get the answer to this question, you're correct it's a compatibility issue with OS. 

System Requirements

• Intel Pentium 4 with 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon equivalent processor or faster and 1GB RAM (1.6GHz Dual Core and 2GB RAM recommended)

• Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista™/7 with SP2 (32 or 64 bit)

• 230 MB Free hard drive space for software

• CD-ROM drive

• USB 2.0 port

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Beach12

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To get the answer to this question, you're correct it's a compatibility issue with OS. 

System Requirements

• Intel Pentium 4 with 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon equivalent processor or faster and 1GB RAM (1.6GHz Dual Core and 2GB RAM recommended)

• Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista™/7 with SP2 (32 or 64 bit)

• 230 MB Free hard drive space for software

• CD-ROM drive

• USB 2.0 port

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The frozen camera resolved (at least for now) by deleting files and freeing up space.  

Figured the external was a compatibility issue.

HP Recommended

@Beach12

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.