Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M577
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Hi everyone,

i could not find a help article so i have to ask here.

How to configure a MFP so that it can connect to the AD after setting

LDAP Signing to Require

LDAP server channel binding to "Always"

2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirements for Windows (microsoft.com)

Or should i not use the internal AD server for this?

Best regards

Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The trick is to set it from "Windows Authentication" to "simple bind".

Due to the SSL with LDAPS connection it is not less secure.

Documentation may be updated

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Btw i already set LDAPS and the settings according to this document

FutureSmart configuration changes for Microsoft channel binding and LDAP signing requirements for Wi...

Fails with

The following client performed an LDAP bind over SSL/TLS and failed the channel binding token validation. Either the client did not pass channel binding tokens to the server, or the channel bindings did not match.
Client IP address:
1.2.3.4:1293
Identity the client attempted to authenticate as:
NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

HP Recommended

Does no one use the addressbook feature of the HP MFP? If not - what are the better alternatives?

HP Recommended

The trick is to set it from "Windows Authentication" to "simple bind".

Due to the SSL with LDAPS connection it is not less secure.

Documentation may be updated

HP Recommended

StephanGee THANKS SO MUCH, i have been fighting this for a couple days now. this immediately solved my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.