Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet MFP M377dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK so I have seen this error "Ready 2 Download fw is corrupt" all over the web and youtube even on this forum

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Re-MFP-M277dw-Ready-2-Download-fw-is-corr...

The forum thread has no replies at all not 1 and has been read 62 times since 24th June 2017.  I have seen some thread with HP responses but none seem to be addressing the problem. 

The fix of a reset shown here >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0Ar1TyBHY

worked once and then the printer reverted to not starting and showing "Ready 2 Download fw is corrupt" 

I call HP during support hours on Friday and telephone system issues reported so my call was terminated several times, I couldn't even log a case on my business account to start off the process?

Any ideas would be most welcome thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI there, 

the "Ready 2 Download" message is indicating your printer has been entered in a Error State due to that Firmware on its formatter board has been corrupted and not recoverable. 

it could be various reasons but most probably firware upgrade process has been interrupted accidentally(a power off accident/manual cancelling/...)

there has not been a simple solution on resolving "ready to download fw corrupt". so save your time,  please engage with HP support for Formatter board replacement if warranty valid. 

hope it helps. 

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI there, 

the "Ready 2 Download" message is indicating your printer has been entered in a Error State due to that Firmware on its formatter board has been corrupted and not recoverable. 

it could be various reasons but most probably firware upgrade process has been interrupted accidentally(a power off accident/manual cancelling/...)

there has not been a simple solution on resolving "ready to download fw corrupt". so save your time,  please engage with HP support for Formatter board replacement if warranty valid. 

hope it helps. 

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.