Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mac OS 'BIG SUR' - ENVY 6230 ( 6200 series)

ANY ISSUES WITH THIS PRINTER AFTER DOWNLOADING THE NEW Mac OS 'BIG SUR'? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have an HP DeskJet 1055 printer that worked fine under MacOS 10 Catalina until about a month ago when it began to make messages that indicated that some of its driver modules were malware.  In the hope of correcting this, I've installed MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur.  No such luck.  No printer driver shows up when I attempt to add the DeskJet printer and none of the older printer drivers are usable.  The printer works fine under Linux on a spare laptop and I can use a wireless HP printer via AirPrint.  I've tried running HP Smart.  It can "see" the printer and identify the model, but it says the printer is not installed and none of the HP Smart functionality is operable.

View solution in original post

97 REPLIES 97
HP Recommended

I have an HP DeskJet 1055 printer that worked fine under MacOS 10 Catalina until about a month ago when it began to make messages that indicated that some of its driver modules were malware.  In the hope of correcting this, I've installed MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur.  No such luck.  No printer driver shows up when I attempt to add the DeskJet printer and none of the older printer drivers are usable.  The printer works fine under Linux on a spare laptop and I can use a wireless HP printer via AirPrint.  I've tried running HP Smart.  It can "see" the printer and identify the model, but it says the printer is not installed and none of the HP Smart functionality is operable.

HP Recommended

I just downloaded OS 11.  My printer still works but my scanner does not. Not finding updated software from HP.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have not been able to find any HP or Apple software that helps with this problem.  I've tried pretty much everything that I've found on both sets of support websites.  For now I've given up.  I can use our other HP ENVY All-In-One via AirPrint if need be.

HP Recommended

I downloaded HP Smart and found that I am able to print and scan using that app with the new Apple OS.  Also, I uninstalled the existing HP software then put HP Smart on my computer. 

HP Recommended

I also tried the "uninstaller" followed by HP Smart.  Alas, it didn't work in my case.  HP Smart says the printer is not installed and refuses to do anything other than identify the printer.

HP Recommended

The only other thing that I did was to turn off the printer and restart it.  In my case my printer is only about 3 years old which might have made a difference.  I'm hoping HP does provide an update for the printer as the new set up in a bit awkward.

HP Recommended

I have printer HP Laser Jet 1018.
After setup Big Sur, my printer doesn't work.
Drivers not found for this OS.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as do many Apple users (see the Apple forum). 

If I try and print using a Big Sur based application, it reports “printer refuses to accept print job”. Printing from IOS and Windows devices work fine. 

Apple seem to report that it’s a HP issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi!

Same problem since the installation of macOS BigSur... Cannot print. However, I'm using HP app on my iPhone... Any other hints?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.