Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart C4780, can not print since I updated to Mac OS 11.0.1. I went to the page https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563, walked through the steps of uninstalling HP, that worked great. Then went to find the new printer drivers and HP only had drivers for OS 10.9 from 2014. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

THE SAME HERE!!!! 😞 also by iphone with the last ios 14.2.1... it's a problem... how can we do?

HP Recommended

thx, but the link doesn't work... can you help me?

HP Recommended

Upgraded 2019 MacBook Pro to Big Sur.  Now unable to print to trusty HP Laserjet 1012.

HP guidance suggest uninstall and reinstall. BUT, there are no drivers for the 1012 to reinstall!

Help!

HP Recommended

There is no solution. Nobody can help.

HP Recommended

The last time Mac OS had a big update to Catalina I had the same issue. It took forever for HP to update their drivers to make the printer compatible. I have not upgraded to MacOS Big Sur for that very reason. However, I did find a workaround that got me working until HP updated their drivers. iMac's come with a Utility called "Item Capture". It isn't as user friendly but it may help. Also, important to mention that my printer would always print, it just wouldn't scan. Hope this helps. I don't know because I didn't upgrade my iMac yet.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

@XrayXray @dphotosmart @drmgr 

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

@entonylike- the HP Laserjet Pro 1018 was never supported on Mac OS X computers, nor mac OS, there are some alternative solutions, nothing I personally aware of to be supported on big Sur at this time:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-cp1210-printer-series/3422474/model/3422475/d...

If any other user needs further help on this matter, please clarify your printer model, this is crucial to provide any further assistant as the steps varies, I did included the information for any user in this thread which specified his printer model, so the information was given accordingly.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I can’t use my Photosmart C4380, my MacBook can’t recognise the printer since I uploaded the software with Big Sur...

So sad...

thx 

HP Recommended

I have a HP psc 1210 all-in-one printer.  I have uninstalled it from my computer, MacBookPro but I cannot get a reinstall for Mac 11.0.1. Anysuggestions?

HP Recommended

The link didn't work for me either. That is the problem. Hoping HP will come up with a solution soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.