cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
cymruambyth
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 98
Flag Post

Solved!

MacOS Big Sur

HP Recommended
Mac OS 'BIG SUR' - ENVY 6230 ( 6200 series)

ANY ISSUES WITH THIS PRINTER AFTER DOWNLOADING THE NEW Mac OS 'BIG SUR'? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drmgr
Level 4
21 20 1 46
Message 2 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP DeskJet 1055 printer that worked fine under MacOS 10 Catalina until about a month ago when it began to make messages that indicated that some of its driver modules were malware.  In the hope of correcting this, I've installed MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur.  No such luck.  No printer driver shows up when I attempt to add the DeskJet printer and none of the older printer drivers are usable.  The printer works fine under Linux on a spare laptop and I can use a wireless HP printer via AirPrint.  I've tried running HP Smart.  It can "see" the printer and identify the model, but it says the printer is not installed and none of the HP Smart functionality is operable.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
97 REPLIES 97
drmgr
Level 4
21 20 1 46
Message 2 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP DeskJet 1055 printer that worked fine under MacOS 10 Catalina until about a month ago when it began to make messages that indicated that some of its driver modules were malware.  In the hope of correcting this, I've installed MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur.  No such luck.  No printer driver shows up when I attempt to add the DeskJet printer and none of the older printer drivers are usable.  The printer works fine under Linux on a spare laptop and I can use a wireless HP printer via AirPrint.  I've tried running HP Smart.  It can "see" the printer and identify the model, but it says the printer is not installed and none of the HP Smart functionality is operable.

View solution in original post

GaryAA
Level 3
3 3 0 24
Message 3 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just downloaded OS 11.  My printer still works but my scanner does not. Not finding updated software from HP.  Any suggestions?

drmgr
Level 4
21 20 1 46
Message 4 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not been able to find any HP or Apple software that helps with this problem.  I've tried pretty much everything that I've found on both sets of support websites.  For now I've given up.  I can use our other HP ENVY All-In-One via AirPrint if need be.

GaryAA
Level 3
3 3 0 24
Message 5 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded HP Smart and found that I am able to print and scan using that app with the new Apple OS.  Also, I uninstalled the existing HP software then put HP Smart on my computer. 

drmgr
Level 4
21 20 1 46
Message 6 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also tried the "uninstaller" followed by HP Smart.  Alas, it didn't work in my case.  HP Smart says the printer is not installed and refuses to do anything other than identify the printer.

GaryAA
Level 3
3 3 0 24
Message 7 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only other thing that I did was to turn off the printer and restart it.  In my case my printer is only about 3 years old which might have made a difference.  I'm hoping HP does provide an update for the printer as the new set up in a bit awkward.

entonylike
Level 1
6 6 0 3
Message 8 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have printer HP Laser Jet 1018.
After setup Big Sur, my printer doesn't work.
Drivers not found for this OS.

Scareesdad
Level 1
2 2 0 4
Message 9 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as do many Apple users (see the Apple forum). 

If I try and print using a Big Sur based application, it reports “printer refuses to accept print job”. Printing from IOS and Windows devices work fine. 

Apple seem to report that it’s a HP issue. 

anaudin
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 10 of 98
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Same problem since the installation of macOS BigSur... Cannot print. However, I'm using HP app on my iPhone... Any other hints?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation