Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Finally got an answer from HP!!! because my printer i out of warranty and none of the offered solutions work with my printer, I will have to PAY HP For additional tech support. Really. There is NO path for free tech support for my printer which admittedly is old but works just fine. I would never pay them for tech support... would sooner buy a new laser printer (probably less expensive than the support). And likely NOT from HP. Wasted way too much of my time on this problem, and my time is more important these days. Adios HP.

HP Recommended

I can not find a driver for hp Deskjet 1050A print, scan copy to download and work with my MacOS Big Sur? 

HP Recommended

What did you resolved? Which printer? Do you have Big Sur 11.1 problem? 

HP Recommended

Nothing is resolved yet.  Printer is DeskJet 1055.  Yes, problem started several weeks ago.  Other messages here give some details .  Basically, HP somehow informed Apple that their software security certificates had expired and Big Sur enforced the expired certificates by refusing to let the software run.

HP Recommended

I have a old HP LaserJet 1300. Had the same issues reported by others after upgrading to Big Sur. Installing the Gutenberg 5.3.4 drivers worked for me. https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.3/

HP Recommended

That worked for me too this time. thanks S-link!

HP Recommended

On a brand new 13" MBP with its upgraded Big Sur v11.1 from its preinstall Catalina (didn't bother to do much with it), the old HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911G can't print but can scan via USB cable (with Apple's USB-C adapter dongle). It can see statistics and other details in Utility too. AirPrint works perfectly though.

I had to use https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip 2.10.0.201112 from 11/12/2020 to be able to get all features like scan and fax features since Apple's default AirPrint was very limited. I even HP Smart App, but that was useless! It also wanted to do cloud stuff like to scan? No thanks!

https://123.hp.com/us/en/ with Firefox v84.0.1 web browser said "We're sorry, we don't support this operating system... Install the HP Smart app on a mobile device (iOS or Android) or use Windows 10 or macOS 10.12 or higher to get the right printer software. Visit 123.hp.com on the device to get started." I had to use Safari v14.0.2.

HP failed. 😞

HP Recommended

I downloaded Big Sur after my husband (used him as the Guinea Pig) to see how it work with everything. His downloaded and worked flawlessly with the printer. So why not download. My download was not as successful as his. I couldn't connected to our printer which is on our network. This is my work around and I hope it helps others. I took our (which turned out not to be needed) and tried using wireless, my computer still couldn't fine the computer. I download the HP Smart and connect my computer to the ethernet cable that usually plugs into the back of the printer and connected it to my computer. Initially, it did not work, so I unplugged the printer and turned off my computer. Waited 10 seconds and then plugged the printer back in to outlet. I rebooted my computer with the ethernet cable still connected to my computer and waited several mins. Eventually, the printer found the network and my computer was on the same network. I was sent to a page to download the software I needed to connect the printer and the computer to the same network and now they are working just fine. It does take a while for the computer to find the network that the printer is assigned to, but be patient. There is also a section that will ask if you want to connect other devices i.e. phone to the network, I selected skip and went straight to downloading the software. I hope this helps someone. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem (no printing with Big Sur upgrade) with my old HP Photosmart 7150 printer, even though my Mac computer was able to 'see' the printer in the 'printers and scanners' preferences (icon of printer found in left window pane of that preferences dialog box).

This is how I was able to resolve the problem:

• Add a new printer to the 'printers and scanners' preferences by clicking on + sign at the bottom of the left pane of that dialog box.
  • When the 'add printer' dialog box pops up, click on the printer that you want to use from the list found in the top window of the dialog box (my printer was listed - not a complete surprise as it was found in my 'printers and scanners' preferences).
  • Create a name for the printer in the 'name' section of the dialog box (I used the default one generated by the dialog box). 
  • Choose a driver for the printer - the 'use' section of the dialog box provides options when you click on it. There is a default 'generic PLC printer' option' but under 'select software' there are a couple of options for HP (HP Deskjet or HP Laserjet PCL 4/5 printer).
  • When you are finished with 'add printer' dialog box settings, clicked 'add' (after clicking add, you will see an intermediate step if you are using the 'generic PLC printer' option: option to tick off a box for 'duplexer', which I believe is for printers with an ability to print on both sides of a sheet of paper).
  • In the 'printers and scanners' preferences dialog box, you will see a new printer icon with the new name that you selected above. In the 'default printer' toggle at the bottom of  'printers and scanners' preferences, switch the default printer to the 'new' printer that you just added (i.e. same printer with the new name).

Hope this solution works for you!

HP Recommended

I have an HP OfficeJetPro 8710.  When I updated my Mac to macOS Big Sur, I started getting warnings about malware.  I followed the instructions and deleted what they identified as malware.  Now my copier still works, but my wireless printer does not.  I'm wondering if Big Sur is incompatible with my OfficeJetPro?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.