Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Since you have a wireless printer, you may be able to first remove, then reinstall the printer driver.  Use HP Easy Start to delete the current driver and then add a new printer (your OfficeJetPro) and that may work.  No guarantees ... It hasn't worked for me, but my printer isn't wireless (DeskJet 1055).

HP Recommended

Wishing you HP Printer users all the best. I have my new Canon printer set up and working. I  have spent a month plus on trying different links, installs and work arounds to no prevail. None have worked for my HP Photosmart C4780. HP has not responded with a fix or new driver or any communication for that matter.  I'm a reasonable person but the time had come for me to have a printer that worked. Ciao, Au Revoir, Sayonara, Wadaeaan, Lehitra'ot, Cheers mates! Best of luck everyone!

HP Recommended

I, too, am having issues with my Photosmart C4795. I'm running macOS 11.1 (Big Sur). I've installed the HP Smart app and the app recognizes the printer, but it says it's offline. I'm able to print since the printer was added as a printer in my OS settings, but I'm unable to print in color (even after installing two brand new ink cartridges  - 1 black, 1 color). As I recall, I didn't have any issues with macOS 10, but I can't seem to get things right with Big Sur. I haven't had much time to test this on my Windows partition, but typically I experienced better printer reliability using Windows 10. This is very disappointing.

HP Recommended

Buenas noches
He descargado Macos Big Sur y tengo una impresora Hp Envy 5530. He conseguido imprimir pero no consigo escanear, alguna sugerencia?

HP Recommended

Hi frankfox90

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

yes,  I was able to print on my HP LASERJET PRO MFPM127 but with limited funcionality. Same thing with scanning. I cant control any options such as setting scan resolution. Is HP responsible for this stupidity of is it Apple? How do I fix it?? very frustrating!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue

HP Recommended

Icsoski,

I solved my issue by deleting printer,  turning printer off and on,  re-installing printer using generic postscript driver

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! This instructions works withs my Hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 2645 whit system Big Sur 11.2.1

HP Recommended

My daughter's new apple airbook with ios big sur already installed also had trouble printing on our home network hp printers (laserjet pro mfp477fdw and laserjet M15).

here is how i fixed my problem.

1. uninstalling the printer and reinstalling via system preference, choosing "airprint" driver did not work.

2. uninstalling and reinstalling the printer via system preference, choosing "generic postscript printer" worked, but i could only print in color. the choice of printing in black and white is not there.

3. downloaded smart hp app from hp.com. once the program starts, need to uninstall any printers already linked to the computer. if this is not self evident, go to the computer preference and uninstall the printer/s. then, scan for new printers using the smart hp app. follow instructions and the program will install any needed drivers. Repeat for any additional hp printers you might have. 

good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.