Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This is a big problem that printing worked perfectly well days ago and now nothing will work. I have an older printer, which worked without issue until the certificates expired. This issue is widespread and need to be fixed. The planet is overrun with trash and keeping drivers up-to-date is a way to help keep unnecessary trash out of landfill. The ink refills should generate enough income. Fix the driver issues because this fix will only work with newer machines. On my printer, the latest Mac update is from 10.9 and I have 10.15 on my computer.

HP Recommended

BryanCustomPure had advice that finally worked for me

HP Recommended

I did the install for the printer and the scanner. Printer works, scanner does not. The install appeared to work, but when I ran the test, it just ''spins" and nothing happens. Same thing when I try to scan a document

HP Recommended

I installed HP Easy Start as described. I still receive the popup saying Matterhorn is Malware that can damage my computer. Apple says to ignore the message. HP needs to update their driver and certification.

HP Recommended

Use the solution I posted. It is not the same as downloading drivers.

Try removing your erroring device in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then install the package. Then reinstall your device in the Printers & Scanners menu using the drivers it automatically selects.

"

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try uninstalling your printer and reinstalling by going through Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!"

HP Recommended

When I tried to print I got all the aforementioned error messages. As soon as I clicked OK (to send info to Apple) another appeared. I just kept clicking OK on all the warning boxes and when I got to a last one the printer started printing. I did the same thing on the next printing project and it printed.

HP Recommended

Did you restart after doing the things in my post, in the order I presented?

HP Recommended

I followed the steps of uninstalling the software using HP Uninstaller on my Deskjet 4500.

After this I tried to let my Mac (Catalina 10.15.7) download and install the printer software but this failed.

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 10.14.23.png

So I tried downloading and then installing the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-g510/39...

Got this error:

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 10.16.20.pngScreenshot 2020-10-21 at 10.16.44.png

HP please update your certificate so I can carry on using my printer.

Kind regards,

Pierre

HP Recommended

I am one of the hundreds (perhaps thousands?) of people who have the same problem with popups saying malware will damage your computer. HP Support is totally inadequate. If you have a problem with an HP device, you are out of luck. When I have a problem with my computer, my refrigerator, my lawnmower -- whatever -- I can get help from the manufacturer. I have never experienced such a total void of technical support for a product.

HP Recommended

It's been about a day. They're working on it. In the meantime, if you reply to me, I will help.

i do not work for HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.