Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi - when you get to the part where it is blocked, there should be a link/button that takes you to your Security and Privacy tab within System Preferences - I had this - and from there I could tick a box for HP to unblock.  Then the HP installation continued and everything has worked. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thank you SO much! This has worked for me. As you say, it took a little while to install but I followed your instructions and was patient. One more thing, during installation I was prompted to open 'Security & Privacy' in System Preferences and click on 'Allow' something by HP to be installed. (A message said it had been blocked but I could unblock it by clicking on 'Allow'.) I hope now this will continue to work and not be a false dawn. However, I have restarted my iMac (Catalina 10.15.7) and have printed two separate documents with no issues. Hurray! Many thanks again. I don't know how to mark this message as solving my problem though, so others will know. Any advice on that? Kind regards, Andy

HP Recommended

I was getting the same message and found this video that resolved it:

https://youtu.be/AMUFffT73Vw

You need to download this package:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

It wasn't fixed right after downloading, but if you then go into System Preferences, click on Printers&Scanners and remove (-) the printer, then add it again (+), it RESOLVES the issue. Phew!

Good luck to you all!

Rea

HP Recommended

Thank you IronBadger....finally!!! 🙂 

HP Recommended

Wow...This cured the MALWARE HP printer problem  due to the certification issue with Apple.  Go to this site and you should also have success as I did.  

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/10/27/how-to-remove-hp-printer-driver-malware-from-mac

HP Recommended

Wow...This cured the MALWARE HP printer problem  due to the certification issue with Apple.  Go to this site and you should also have success as I did.  

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/10/27/how-to-remove-hp-printer-driver-malware-from-mac

HP Recommended

This fix let me print, but I am still getting warning messages.

HP Recommended

Hello - I am having the same issue. Printing off my iMac will not happen, though I can print off my phone and iPad Pro. I am receiving not one, but many many different error messages having to do with malware. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Someone called BryanCustomPure in the following thread came up with a solution that worked for me.
HP Community> Printers> Print Drivers> Re: Malware notification when printing
The only thing that was different to his instructions were that part-way through the installation there was a warning that part of it was blocked by my macOS and I was directed to System Preferences>Security & Privacy where I could tick a box and unblock the HP option. I followed the instructions and then re-started and since then (fingers crossed!) everything has worked okay. I trust this helps.

HP Recommended

Do I have to delete all the software for my printer? This is annoying especially since I am a senior  citizen!!  Lol

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.