Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Download the new HP Easy Start, uninstall the old version and install the new version worked for me, thanks @IronBadger.

HP Recommended

Same problem in the last two days.

I updated hp software but the problem still remains. 

The folder matterhorn.framework renews itself each new print.

Malwarebytes.app sees no threads in the computer.

HP Officejet Pro 7720

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

HP Recommended

My old LaserJet 1010 stopped functioning because of this issue. I don't want to buy a new one, and why should I? It worked well! When I try to reinstall the driver through Hp Easy Admin I can't even find this model on the list? So it just stopped working. When the problem will be solved?

HP Recommended

My error message blames inkjet4.driver.  I went through the first, non-diligent fix, then restarted the computer.  After 30 minutes of installation, I tried printing, and received the same error message.  Looks like I'll need to go through the second, diligent fix, which could take longer than the average remaining lifespan for a person my age.  Is there an alternative?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

HP Easy Start reinstall worked for me....

HP Recommended

Spoke too soon, after restart HDPM causing same error.

HP Recommended

HP have said:  "We unintentionally revoked credentials on some older versions of Mac drivers. This caused a temporary disruption for those customers and we are working with Apple to restore the drivers.

The fact that they can do this unintentionally suggests a shocking level of incompetence

Annoying to the nth degree to have had no notice of this from HP - and hopefully a fix is coming.  HP please come clean and tell us people who have bought your printers what is going on!!!!

Or is it as some have suggested really a ploy to get people to scrap old printers, which would not fit in with their environmental statements - If i do replace the printer I might chose a more professional company next time

HP Recommended

I have similar problems additionally showing low ink even with new cartridge.  I have tried ignoring this and still it does not print & continues to show Malware message it does however print the test page.  I have tried switch ing on and off and leaving overnight.    Up until last Wed/ Fri my HP Desk jet F2280 was printing with no problems.  Can anyone assist?

HP Recommended

I have managed to fix the issue with the following drivers:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

1. remove HP Easy Scan
  2. Download and install the above driver
  3. Re install HP East Scan (from the App Store)
  4. All is working fine
HP Recommended

I did this, uninstalled, reinstalled and got:  "One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted...."

I called MAC support and they said it is an HP issue that they will have to resolve.  Their certificate expired and no matter how often we uninstall and reinstall it won't work unless HP resolves the issue of their certificate expiration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.