Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Color Pro M452dn
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

HELP! I have been stuck in a mobs strip loop. When I try to set up the printer the only message I get is plug in the USB cord. There are no drivers.  I also tried to set up with my mini mac as well, operating system  10.13. I am losing my mind as again plug the usb cord in. Please advise. Since drivers are no longer available. I cannot figure out how to link up the WIFI connection to the AirPrint. By this point I would be glad just to print through a USB connection but alas it is the chicken and egg routine. Concrete steps needed please. Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The DN model you have does not have wireless, so you will need to connect a network cable from the printer to your router and then your devices should be able to talk over the network. 

According to documentation the only supported print method for 10.3 is Airprint

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1994828-1994872-16

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I was finally able to get drivers  for my 10.13 mini mac and with my USB cable successfully downloaded the driver and was able to print. but still  I am in a loop de loop with my new iMac M1 which has an operating system of 11.6. According to Mac support and HP this Printer the Laser Jet Color Pro M452dn is has AirPrint capabilities. I moved the printer to my router and plugged the usb cord from the printer the router. However when I try to set up the printer on the i Mac nothing is found. The driver capabilities are only up to the the Mac OS  X series, not 11. If I could find a comparable driver and then just use a USB C CORD I  would be good to go. HELP! and Thanks.

HP Recommended

Alas I still continue to b e stuck in a loop de loop. I connected my printer to my router. It still did not work. However according to the both HP and apple this model is an air ;print. I appreciate your input but I am in no better shape in terms of the iMac than I was before. I just ordered a USB c cable tp plug the printer in the iMac but I still am missing driver for OS 11.6    Thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.