Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to return this printer but there is no way I can find to factory reset it.

The on-screen menu seems to insist that I put cartridges in before I do anything, so there's no way to use it.

I've tried all of the "restore" options in the web interface - but it still has all of the settings.

I would rather not have to take the cartridges out and put them into the printer - just so I can then drill down farther into the menu.

Seems I should be able to FR the printer via the web interface or a hard reset button/pin somewhere on the printer.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi @sreeve2929,

I'd like to help!

Please insert the ink cartridges into the printer and check the error on the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I figured that's a solution.  I was trying to keep the cartridges unopened, i.e. trying to be a good customer/returner, etc.

And the printer is still all taped up in the blue packaging tape, etc.

All I need to do is remove the Wifi password, but it just won't let me.

Currently, wifi is off and I'm connected wired.

If there's a way to remove the Wifi password, please let me know.

Regards,

Scott

HP Recommended

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

I would also like to know how to factory reset the 9010. It keeps coming up with the error b305dff9. I understand that doing a factory reset is likely to help.

I've already tried unplugging for 60 seconds etc with no luck. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue mentioned in previous posts error # b305dff9. firmware is up to date.  from other posts the reset is specific to each printer & i would like to get those directions to fix this issue.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue! Please send me the instructions to fix this as well. It is very frustrating! My firmware is up to date also.

HP Recommended

Hi @T-man1,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Have tried the reset by disconnecting power for 60 seconds, multiple times.  After a print job, it returns to error state, flashing and showing B305DFF9.  Want to perform a factory reset, but cannot find specific instructions for this model.

HP Recommended

Hi @Olecole,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.