Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Good evening, I have a printer HP Envy Photo 6230 that has never printed front and back since I bought it. I tried to change the settings and preferences in every single way in my computer (Windows 10 home), I even tried to print with my phone (android) but it doesn't work. I'm starting to think that maybe it's a problem of just the printer I bought (more than a year ago). I hope someone can help me with that. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

From your PC, try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Please let me know the results.

Regarding the Android Device, please let me know what exact settings you select, and what exact behavior or error is shown,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please put several documents on the top feeder.

From the printer screen select Copy > Copy Document and then press the gear icon.

Select Two-Sided and set it as 1 Sided Original > 2-Sided Copy and press OK.

Press the back arrow, then press Start Black or Color.

Can you successfully copy on both sides? or may you get any specific error message or behavior?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. The problem isn't copying but printing. I can't print documents from my devices (pc with windows 10 or smartphone with android) front and back even if I select it in the settings and preferences. 

HP Recommended

Yes, this is clear

The reason to try copying, is to test the hardware capabilities and performance of the duplex unit, to see if the printer can do its job and print on both sides automatically, as standalone while copying from the printer.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I tried what you said and yes, I can successfully copy on both sides. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

From your PC, try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Please let me know the results.

Regarding the Android Device, please let me know what exact settings you select, and what exact behavior or error is shown,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I did exactly what you said and now the printer is working correctly for the first time!

HP Recommended

You're much welcome @Chiara5, great to see it is now working as it should!

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I'm sorry to bother again, but after that one time, the printer stopped working properly and now I'm still having that no printing front and back problem. Moreover, I can't print photos because it tells me that there isn't paper while there is. I really don't know how to make it work this time. As I said before it has never worked properly except for that one time when you helped me here. I guess it's too late to have my money back. Anyway, thank you in advance if you can help me again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.