cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OfficeJet 5742 Installation problem

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5742
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have an OfficeJet 5742 on my network which is properly working (one of my desktop has it properly installed and can print on it). I have a laptop on which it was difficult to print on the printer (it frequently said that it was offline), I had to uninstall it and reintall it to make it work properly. But since today the printer can be configured anymore on the PC.

When I want to install it I scan search for available devices. It found the printer, I clic on the add device button. It says connexion, and then Pilotes indisponibles (drivers unavailable) in the (Imprimantes et Scanners) "Printed and Scanners" screen on windows 10.

Imprimantes et Scanners.png

HP Doctor sees 3 products :

- 1 HP officejet 5740 series (the picture is note the model I own)

- 1 HPC7195A with the corrct ip address but not the right picture

- 1 HP officejet 5740 series with the correct ip address, the right picture but not installed.

HP Doctor.jpg

Then HP doctor says that there is a network installation failure.

Installation Failure.jpg

I tried so many things, I can't say where I currently am in the process...

Can anyone help me to fix this ? thanks.

Note that the printer is detected by HP Smart and can print a test page... I can't understand what is happening...*

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation