Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My OfficeJet 6950 was working fine from my main desktop PC, with the printer available over a wireless connection, but I recently had a problem where it was not printing documents, they were instead just sitting in the print queue.  I noticed at this time that the Printers & scanners settings showed 2 instances of the printer (in addition to the fax name - "Fax - HP  OfficeJet 6950".  In an effort to resolve these problems I tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer and drivers.  I have tried several times through; HP Print and Scan Doctor,  HP Smart and HP Easy Start, but I've not been able to resolve the problem.  Currently, I have one instance of the printer listed under Printers & scanners, "HP Office Jet 6950" (in addition to "Fax - HP  OfficeJet 6950", but it states under this name that  the "Driver is unavailable".   When I attempt to print from an application (e.g. pdf or MS Word) "HP OfficeJet 6950" is not available from the drop down list of printers.

My OfficeJet 6950 continues to work fine when printing from a separate laptop computer, once again connected wirelessly to the printer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have now been able to resolve the problem by deleting all instances of the printer in Printer & scanners and then manually adding the printer device again... although still encountered problems and could only find the printer by its IP address.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have now been able to resolve the problem by deleting all instances of the printer in Printer & scanners and then manually adding the printer device again... although still encountered problems and could only find the printer by its IP address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.