cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Midniight
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OfficeJet 8600 Plus Firmware Issues

HP Recommended
office jet 8600 plus
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My Offcie Jet 8600 is telling me when trying to access apps that I need a firmware update but upon trying to update the firmware, it says there are no updates avaliable for my product... Not sure if this is because i am oer my local wireless connection trying to do this but it is picking up my product with it's name and IP address but upon selecting it gives me that message. Not sure what else to do to be able to use the app and email sending feature specifically. Any ideas or advice on how to go about this? it is out of warranty so not sure if calling support would help considering I do not have many options for troubleshooting..

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,987 21,946 977 1,014
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Midniight

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Could you please tell the app name which needs update?
  • Could you share the picture of the app where it's asking for the update? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation