Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We a looking at installing multiple OfficeJet Pro 9010e devices into a corporate environment. We need to push out the installer to users using SCCM. In order to do this, we need the print driver and scanning software installers in an .msi installer format. The only install options on the support page for this model are an .exe file.

Is it possible to get the .msi installer files from somewhere or compatible drivers\software?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @fazeuk,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To deploy the OfficeJet Pro 9010e printers in a corporate environment using SCCM, you typically need MSI installers for the print driver and scanning software. While HP primarily provides EXE installers for their printer drivers and software, you can still extract the MSI files from these EXE installers.

Here's a general approach to extract MSI files from EXE installers:

Download the EXE installer: Download the printer driver and scanning software from the HP support page for the OfficeJet Pro 9010e.

Extract the contents: Most EXE installers can be extracted using extraction tools like 7-Zip or WinRAR. Right-click on the EXE file and select "Extract" or "Extract to [filename]".

Locate the MSI files: After extraction, look for the MSI files within the extracted contents. They are often found in a folder named something like "Driver" or "Setup".

Test the MSI: Before deploying, it's a good idea to test the MSI installer to ensure it works as expected. You can do this by manually running the MSI file on a test machine.

Deploy via SCCM: Once you have the MSI files, you can create SCCM packages or applications to deploy the printer drivers and scanning software to your users' computers.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @fazeuk,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To deploy the OfficeJet Pro 9010e printers in a corporate environment using SCCM, you typically need MSI installers for the print driver and scanning software. While HP primarily provides EXE installers for their printer drivers and software, you can still extract the MSI files from these EXE installers.

Here's a general approach to extract MSI files from EXE installers:

Download the EXE installer: Download the printer driver and scanning software from the HP support page for the OfficeJet Pro 9010e.

Extract the contents: Most EXE installers can be extracted using extraction tools like 7-Zip or WinRAR. Right-click on the EXE file and select "Extract" or "Extract to [filename]".

Locate the MSI files: After extraction, look for the MSI files within the extracted contents. They are often found in a folder named something like "Driver" or "Setup".

Test the MSI: Before deploying, it's a good idea to test the MSI installer to ensure it works as expected. You can do this by manually running the MSI file on a test machine.

Deploy via SCCM: Once you have the MSI files, you can create SCCM packages or applications to deploy the printer drivers and scanning software to your users' computers.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Rachel. I managed to find the .msi installer file using your instructions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.