Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop being used has restricted Microsoft Store Apps which is the only way I could find to get HPSmart, thus making it inaccessible to me.

I attempted to swap over to direct drivers but once the printer is added to printers and scanners, Win10 insists "Driver is unavailable"

Attempting to utilise the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series installer gets stuck when attempting to detect the printer.  I have the printer on the same local network, both laptop and printer connected through wifi on the same primary modem.  Attempted to give direct ip of printer as well as the listed hostname to no avail.

Windows find it without problems, the HP software tool however does not.

What options, beside HPSmart through Microsoft Store do I have?  How can I setup the printer to use the available HP drivers?  or make the HP printer installation suite detect the network printer?

I've already given up with this on Linux since HPLIP didn't work out for me on Manjaro 20, and now I'm stuck on Windows as well...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bengailvella, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for alternate connectivity methods.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ, 

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the link provided under step 2 also lists HP smart as available drivers and doesn't address the "Driver is Unavailable" error I encountered.

Any solutions to that issue directly which doesn't involve HP Smart. 

HP Recommended

Try adding the printer using windows built-in driver, for instructions refer -Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Let me know how this goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.