Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P1106
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All - Could you please advice a solution- I am having HP Laserjet Printer P1106 and it is working fine with my Windows7 PC. Recently I had upgraded my system to windows 10(64) bit and driver package is not getting installed in my computer or lap top .

When connecting USB to PC/Laptop, printer is getting identified and HP Smart installer showing up in - which is blocked as it is default drivers for windows7

I had downloaded hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036 from HP Website. While installing, package is getting unziped but not progressing for installation process - nothing is coming up.

My windows software is uptodate.  While trying HP Print Doctor or smart installer, it shows printer is not connected

Can somebody advice me how to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you  for your kind support. Now the issue resolved as follows

1. While opening the package, it is extracting all content to a root folder with name similar like file downloaded. Normally it should start installer automatically after extraction of package, but not happening for me.

2. Go to the folder where it is extracted and execute HPSmart Install manually who'll initiate printer software.

It is resolved after a lot of exercise on various methods

Thanks for all team for kind advice, may help those in need later.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @Janardanan ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The HP software must be completely uninstalled and removed of the system.

First download only this complete package: "HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 Series Full Feature Software and Driver ", File name: hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036.exe (157.1 MB)

Then proceed as follows:

Check the system for

• TuneUp`s
  • Optimization Tools
  • Cleanup Tools

disable them, better uninstall them. Next...

1. Disconnect printer/scanner from computer- Disable WLAN and/or remove the USB or LAN cable.- Do not switch off the printer >> unplug the power cord from the socket!
  2. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Programs and Features"
    uninstall all HP printer software > via "Programs and Features"
  3. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Devices and Printers"
    In the "Devices and Printers" window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  4. Restart the PC
  5. Close all programs
  6. Change File-Explorer-Settings:View > Options > "Change folder and search options" > Tab "View"
    • enable > Show hidden files, folders and drives
    • uncheck > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK
  7. search for "HP [printer name]" and delete all this folders
  8. Empty the TEMP folders
    A) C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\Local\Temp\
    B) C:\Windows\Temp\
  9. system files cannot be deleted!
  10. Reconnect the printer to the power supply and switch it on (if this does not happen automatically)
  11. Please note: WLAN has to be deactivated!
  12. Restart the PC
  13. Close all programs
  14. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo > in folder Downloads click on the EXE, see above.

Via USB, means wait until the installation asks to connect the printer/scanner.

Document error messages, even better is a screenshot and upload here.

Note:

Change the File Explorer settings again -

• enable > Don`t show hidden files, folders or drives
  • click button > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I have almost the same problem with my HP Laserjet Pro P1102. Package is getting unziped and progressing for installation process untill 100% but then nothing is coming up. And no program appears in the list of installed programs. While trying HP Print Doctor or smart installer, it shows printer is not connected.

I followed the instructions above but it didn't work. Please, what can I do??? On my other computer it worked very well, I never had any problem...

HP Recommended

@Teun3,

how long did you wait?

I assume that all my instructions (see above) were executed exactly the same!

I need data from the computer where this software runs without problems:

1. how old is this computer
  2. Manufacturer?
  3. OS, Name, Version, 32/64 ?
  4. USB - Version ?
  5. Which security software, virus scanner is in use?

and the same informations about the computer where you have problems:

1. how old is this computer
  2. Manufacturer?
  3. OS, Name, Version, 32/64 ?
  4. USB - Version ?
  5. Which security software, virus scanner is in use?

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Hi - Thanks for your efforts to reply to my issue - unfortunately i had followed all steps suggested by you and still not going forward after unpacking software downloaded from HP Website (hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036)

My system is Dell Vostro 5470 with Windows 10 64 bit version (8GB RAM).

Is there any alternative solution can offer

thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reaction!
I don't understand what you mean by 'how long did you wait?' I've been busy the whole evening and stopped for a while 😉 

On the laptop which has no problems, the programm has been installed some years ago. On the other, I just tried to do that this week for the first time. Both laptops have the almost same requirements:

• Not working: about 8 years old, Dell Intel Core i3, Windows 10, 64 bits, 3GB ram, USB-A, Eset 
  • Working: about 7 years old, Dell Intel Pentium, Windows 10, 64 bits, 4GB ram, USB-A, no security software

HP Recommended

Thank you  for your kind support. Now the issue resolved as follows

1. While opening the package, it is extracting all content to a root folder with name similar like file downloaded. Normally it should start installer automatically after extraction of package, but not happening for me.

2. Go to the folder where it is extracted and execute HPSmart Install manually who'll initiate printer software.

It is resolved after a lot of exercise on various methods

Thanks for all team for kind advice, may help those in need later.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, but where do I find the folder where it is extracted?? And there is something new now. I got the message: extraction failed, can not delete output file.

I found these files on the problematic laptop, maybe due to an earlier installation years ago which didn't work now:

Teun3_0-1601035488480.png

HP Recommended

@Teun3,

do not make any changes here!

But the solution from @Janardanan you find here Cannot Install Printer Software (Windows) , Step-4. But read all.

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Oké, I don't make any changes there. But yes, I've done step 4 comepletely, but no prompts to install the software comes up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.