Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet pro 1025nw
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Device product name: ce918a, SN: [personal info removed]. Seems like a circularized trouble. Official website asks to install hp easy print, inside this SW it says it can't find the printer and initialize the device so please go to hp website where it asks to download easy print again. Btw there's no 11.2 OS available for choosing in OS list. Could you please send the driver for this printer? Or how we can finally initialize the instrument. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ARMA93, initially when you tried to install the driver the uninstallation wasn't done , that is the reason the driver link was shared again after using HP Uninstaller.

Were you able to try it again?

If the issue persists, Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue

Confirm you are using AirPrint by adding the printer in System Preferences.

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign  to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, go to the Frequently asked questions in this document to resolve connection issues, try to add the printer again, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Let me know how this goes!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @ARMA93,

I'd like to help!

Here is the link to download easy start for your mac os 11.2-Software and drivers for HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks but this is actually not working, it tells you to download easystart, but inside the software it can’t find the printer, it tells to download drivers manually. Which sends you to website and dowloading easystart again. That’s actually why I created this request.

HP Recommended

follow the instructions below to remove and reinstall the HP printer software.

1. Download HP Uninstaller.zip.

2. Double-click the HP Uninstaller icon.

HP Uninstaller .zip file icon

3. Double-click the HP Uninstaller app.

HP Uninstaller app icon

4. If a confirmation message opens, click Open.

Clicking Open in a confirmation message

5. Follow the in-app instructions to uninstall all the HP software from your system.

6. If you are prompted for credentials to continue, type the User Name and Password, and then click OK.

Typing the user name and password and then clicking OK

7. Once the Uninstaller removes the software, close the HP Uninstaller app.

8. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

9. Type your printer model, and then click Submit.

10. Under Driver or Driver-Product Installation Software, download the latest software for your printer.

NOTE: 

This might be HP Easy Start, HP Smart, or Mac Printer Driver version 5.1. System administrators and those unable to use HP Easy Start can use HP Easy Admin to download the software pkg files directly for use in managed or remote deployment environments.

11. Once the download completes, open the software and follow the prompts to complete installation.

12. For Mac Printer Driver version 5.1, open System Preferences, and then open Printers & Scanners to re-add your printer.

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

The link from step 7 is not valid, error occurred. 

HP Recommended

What is the error message you received?

Have you restarting your computer and trying again?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Error 404.

Yes, I tried restarting my compute. print screen.png

HP Recommended

Could you try a different browser?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

I've tried both safari and google chrome. I guess it's smth with the link itself, it's highly unlikely to be connected somehow with the OS or web browser.

ARMA93_0-1618062857226.png

HP Recommended

Try this link and check if you're able to download the drivers.

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.