Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart A626
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to install Photosmart A626 in on Windows 10 64bit.  This is an older printer and HP Windows 10 Compatibility list shows printer as being compatible and requiring Windows Update Driver.

I have followed the instructions on installing a local USB printer and selecting a driver (same method since windows NT 25 years ago) and selecting windows update, however when the drivers are pulled from the Windows Update database (either Microsoft or HP don't know which) the printer driver for A600 series is not listed (nor is it listed for A500, A700, A800)

Can someone  qualified provide some guidance on how to get this resolved (ie compatible driver installed)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04658195 

tlff.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tomcon626

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty,

Thank You for your response, however it does not assist in the resolution of my issue.  I followed the steps you recommended prior to submitting the support ticket to HP, I indicated that in my submission and included a link as well to the page containing those same instructions you referred me to .

The exact issue I am reporting is that the HP drivers for the A626 (and other photosmart printers) are missing in Windows, so using the drivers that do not exist (after refreshing the list by selecting Windows Update), is not possible. That's the reason I created a ticket.

I have attempted this operation on 3 different computers running Windows 10 and had the same result.

Anywhere else I can get these drivers?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm afraid this would be it 😞

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.