Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3050 J610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this issue for a while. Everytime I print the job gets 'stuck' in the queue once it has printed and won't print anything else. If you wait a long time (this can take up to 30 mins/hour) the printer does eventually seem to go on to the next job. I It will only print the first job  normally (i.e., quickly). The second job hangs in the print queue, while the first job status says it's either "printing" or "sending to printer." If I try to 'cancel' the print job once it has finished, nothing happens. It appears stuck in the print queue.

I have used the  virtual chat help function and have used the suggestions to restart the spooler - searching sevices.msc and print spooler to restart the service. I have also removed files from the c://windows/system32/spool/PRINTERS. Both of these restart the first job that has already printed and then I'm back to square one, with it being stuck. I need to do this every time I print now. This is surely not right.

I have tried to uninstall the printer but this message comes up and I am unable to uninstall it:

Call to DriverPackageUninstall returned error 5 for package 'C:\Windows\System32\Driverstore\FileRepository\hpwia.dj3050_j610.inf_amd64_eaecda3eed107019\hpwia_dj3050_j610.inf': A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package.'

I have removed the printer from the installed ones in the printer list and readded it. I have checked all driver updates. I have used the Help doctor tool but it was saying no issues. Now it is saying my printer is offline and it can't help further. My printer is one and showing it is connected. It is still printing wirelessly as mentioned, so this does not make sense.

I have checked and I am signed in as an administrator.

I really hope someone can help as I am at a total loss with this. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @NPerry2020,

I'd like to help!

Follow the suggestions below to resolve the issue -

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

To set a manual IP and try the steps below-

--->Press the wireless button to access wireless menu on the printer display, 

--->print a network configuration report and take down the IP address

---->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP from the network configuration page 
--->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 
--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply
--->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  
--->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page 

If the issue persists,

We would have to connect the printer to TCP/IP port- follow the below instructions-

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

a. Click Start/Devices and Printers.  Right-click on your HP Printer.  Select Printer Properties.  Select the Ports tab at the top.

b.    Select Add Port.  Select Standard TCP/IP Port.  Select New Port.

c.    Follow the Add Port Wizard.  Under Printer Name or IP Address, .  Example:  192.168.1.15.  The IP address will be copied under Port Name.  

d.    Select Next and Finish the Wizard.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @NPerry2020,

I'd like to help!

Follow the suggestions below to resolve the issue -

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

To set a manual IP and try the steps below-

--->Press the wireless button to access wireless menu on the printer display, 

--->print a network configuration report and take down the IP address

---->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP from the network configuration page 
--->then go to network ---> general ---> network protocols ---> select IPV4 only-->apply 
--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply
--->Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.  
--->then go to settings on the main ews page --> power management ---> select sleep mode to max 15min

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page 

If the issue persists,

We would have to connect the printer to TCP/IP port- follow the below instructions-

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

a. Click Start/Devices and Printers.  Right-click on your HP Printer.  Select Printer Properties.  Select the Ports tab at the top.

b.    Select Add Port.  Select Standard TCP/IP Port.  Select New Port.

c.    Follow the Add Port Wizard.  Under Printer Name or IP Address, .  Example:  192.168.1.15.  The IP address will be copied under Port Name.  

d.    Select Next and Finish the Wizard.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have gone through the various things you have suggested and this seems to have worked. I have just tried to print and it did it straight away. I then attempted to print the document again immediately after and it did print. Fingers crossed this has sorted it.

I definitely cannot uninstall the printer programme as you suggested I do - the error message I wrote in my original message keeps showing up and is not letting me uninstall it. I can remove the printer from the added printer list and re-add it, but not actually uninstall the hp programme.

However, as the problem seems to have been sorted I will leave this for now and get back in touch if it stops printing again. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Alright 🙂

You may try this step to remove the printer driver-

• From the Start menu or the Start screen:
      1. Open Devices and Printers.
      2. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
      3. Click on the Drivers tab.
  1. Select the printer driver to uninstall.
  2. Click the Remove button.
  3. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.