Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laptop HP Envy 360

I am using the printer HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 series for some reason it says the printer driver is unavailable. I have tried to do everything and I mean everything. I have turned off the laptop restarted the printer. I have removed the driver by using the Winder+R series then I went to the [edit] to add the driver from the website and follow the guidelines there but form there I am still getting the same error message. What on earth am I doing wrong. I  need my printer to work from home and to do school from home. I have connected the WIFI it shows that there is an excellent connection. I need help, can anyone help me. Is there a number that I can call that can walk me through this process please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have the same problem too with my Envy 4520. It prints fine off my windows 7 laptop not this windows 10 one. it was fine till a few days ago

HP Recommended

I went ahead and called the support for HP and they were super helpful just google the number that is the best option and they will help you from there because all these other options weren't helping me.  Sorry

HP Recommended

@CE19LDB 

I suggest you create a new post of your own.

Explain what you have tried and provide all relevant information.

=============================================================

For those reading:

The official HP 123 site is where you can find the appropriate (and free) software and drivers for your printer.

The official HP 123 site is not a website where odd chat boxes pop up on the screen and someone tries to offer you "Services" if you would just give out your credit card and information. Not.

The "Real Deal"

123.hp.com - Printer setup from the HP® Official site

https://123.hp.com/

Beware of Fake 123 printer sites

• There are several “fake” sites listed (in search engines) for “123” – please make sure you are using the actual “HP” site.

• Notice the website address – the real HP site does not contain any extra verbiage.  For example, there is no “setup” or other extra bits in the address.

• HP websites are the only websites allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.  Example:  “© Copyright <year> HP Development Company, L.P.”

• If you are asked for money to correct "issues" on your computer OR if the “help” wants to log into your computer, you are using a “fake” site. Do not give these people your information! 

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Document includes links to USA and Canadian authorities to report the incident.

Excerpted

Recently, HP has seen an increased number of third-party support websites selling HP driver downloads or diagnostic tools. Many of these websites use the HP trademark symbol and claim to be official HP distributors.

If your product supports your operating system, HP offers your driver and software at no additional cost through the HP website.

Use caution when dealing with any website that asks you to pay for HP driver downloads or tools that claim to diagnose your HP products. These websites might not be affiliated with HP in any way.

Do not install BIOS updates from a motherboard manufacturer's website. Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer can prevent the computer from accepting an HP system recovery. This could result in a loss of data.

======================================================

Need to contact HP Technical Support?

Be Informed - Be Aware...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Technical Support – Contact Information

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option – Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

For faster support, first submit information / case online: HP Customer Support UK

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

READ:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Reminders

HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers.  Please submit your case online

• Provide all the requested information
  • Explain the problem > Ask for help
  • Submit the case
  • After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
  • Wait times can be long – Response centers are very busy.

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
  • Chat is not available in every region.  In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.
  • HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
  • Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  
  • HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.