Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 9025
iOS

New hp 9025 printer firmware updates do not download.  Kicks printer off internet.  Auto update feature can’t be turned off and trys to update printer every 4 hours kicking printer off.  
hp has not yet been able to resolve.   Actions taken unplugged and plugged router and printer, re-setup printer, checked internet speed and ok, turned off direct print, eprint, bluetooth, 5g,    No success.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Passport1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the firmware update. 

Let's try these steps to reboot the router, printer and your iOS device -

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ iOS device.

2) Wait for 60 seconds.

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.

5) Turn on the computer/ iOS device.

Try updating your iOS device using these steps - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware through the HP Smart app. Refer to this document for step by step instructions - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your solution might work but not how I fixed this down load.  Don’t know if auto download issue is fixed long term so may try your recommendation later.  

How I fixed immediate download issue. This was a Mac.  Instead of safari briowser I opened Chrome browser    I typed in ip address that took me to hp page and clicked on download update.   Nothing happened and printer screen froze.   I closed chrome and unplugged printer.   When I plugged it back in the printer started the download.   I am not certain how these actions fixed problem.  

The printer is mandatory set on auto download firmware and I can’t change it.   I have no certainty next time there is an update the auto download will work.  When it doesn’t it continuously throws the printer offline.    I shouldn’t have to go through all the every time there is a download.  

Thanks fot your help.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.